Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I am not a good writer

Im really not.  And it will be made harder by the fact that my Y key on my keyboard is sticking/broken.  That last sentence took me a long time to write.  I'm not the smartest person. I don't have any recognizable profitable talents.  I like to think I have a big heart, but I know I'm short with people sometimes, and don't always treat them the way I would like to be.  I don't know where this is going. I'm not even sure I can tie it to baseball.  Sometimes, I may venture outside of baseball, and word vomit.  Four years ago today (and we'll call Tuesday today, although its technically wednesday) I gave the most difficult speech of my life, when I spoke at my Grandpas funeral.  I did as I've always done when giving speeches- I spoke extemporaneously. I don't like to write out my speeches. I prepare, yes.  I may jot important keynotes, and I'll research important quotes or facts.  But mostly, I like to speak from the heart.  My writing isn't the best, because, its not as formal as its "supposed" to be.  I make several grammar errors that I know would make certain copy editors scream.  What you will get from me, though, are words from the heart. And sometimes that means baseball isn't the central theme. Sometimes theres no theme at all.  Some days I'm going to my computer, with less of a clue on what to do than Jason Bartlett does with a bat in his hands. Because baseball is such a passion of mine, most of my thoughts do eventually turn back there.  I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for this great game.  I hate the thought of no baseball in my life. But my life isn't centered on it. I have many interests.  I love the Lord of the Rings.  I like cooking, even though I'm not always good at it.  I can listen to music from Eminem, to Garth Brooks, to Mozart, but give me 50s rock and I'm just as, if not more happy.  Speaking of Music, To those that are going to Wednesday's game- I'm jealous.  Bobby Cressey is on the organ, its Tony Gwynn's birthday, and I will miss it all. Work beckons.  It's late. I'm not even going to tweet out this post tonight, so I'll be surprised if anyone reads this. If you do, let me know you did. And Thank you, in advance.

I hope I have something of significance tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment