Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Loss

Cameron Maybin tripled,  Will Venable singled to bring him in, then Chase Headley got on board with a single of his own.  The night started so promising getting to Ian Kennedy early.  Then the Guzman, Alonzo, and Hundley each went down on strikes.  Bartlett doubled in the 2nd, so offense still looked like a possibility, but it was not to be.  The rest of the night the Padres bats disappeared.  Not a great deal to talk about in this game. I didn't get to see the first 7 innings- When I tuned in Cashner was starting to pitch.  He gave up a HR to my least favorite D-Bag,and a top 5 current baseball player that I hate, Chris Young.  Seriously. I can't stand that guy.  My gut tells me he's not that good, but was reminded by Yuma Sun Sports Editor Eddie Carifio that Young was an all-star and team MVP. That surprised me. Really MVP over Upton? I conceded to Carifio that I was just bitter.  I'm trying to be optimistic, and remind myself its early.  But its getting hard to see the silver linings.  I guess one of them is no one has got on track yet to hit, yet they've still been in each of the last 5 games. If the Padres can get some offense out of , well, anyone, and the pitching can stay on track, they can remain competitive.  The defense needs to clean up. Another error tonight, and one more play that Guzman should have had.
Just a quicky post tonight, nothing particularly meaty, no real analysis.  A blah post, and a blah mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment