Monday, April 9, 2012

Opening Week, Opening Post


Hello and welcome to my corner of the Padres Blog Universe. Actually, since this is my first blog post on my own, and I'm certainly no superstar, I don't deserve a corner yet. So, Hello and Welcome to my cramped middle of the Instructional League locker room space in the Padres Blog Universe.

Saturday night, while watching the team play rather uninspiring baseball, I was ironically inspired to finally start a blog with an idea that was rattling around in this old (or not so old, depending on your perspective. 31 years) brain of mine. I even started out and had 5 good paragraphs in regarding the 0-3 start, the teams seemingly lack of focus, and whether or not Bud Black and his apparent aversion to routine were at least partially to blame. Then I hit a wall called 3 AM on 3 hours of sleep from the night before, and resolved to try again later.

So its later now. Or earlier , as its only 1:30 in the morning this time.  The Padres, as you are likely aware, have started 0-3, but the Savior (Headley) Saved on Easter with a Grand Slam, to cap off the Padres first win of the year. It certainly helped to ease the frustration that was slowly building in this normally optimistic fan.  It was also refreshing to be able to read my twitter feed with 84.98% less negativity (Percentage estimated with numbers of significance to those that can see it). It feels good to see the win.  0-3 sucks, 0-4 would have been worse. Season would have been OVER!!! Okay not over. But 0-3 teams all suck. All of them. That means you Boston. That means you New York!!! Or, actually, its a long season. There are 158 games remaining for the Padres.

158 more games. Some will be won. Some will be lost.  My expectations for the season are around .500 maybe a little worse, maybe a little better.  Along the way, I will attempt to be here with the thoughts that are in my head. I don't fully know what I will do with this blog yet. I will invite feedback, and conversation.  Some of my posts will be knee jerk reactions to the events of the day, while I hope to do a few posts where I research fully on a topic or subject that comes across.  I might even get back to the post about the Padres, and their early lack of focus. There were 3 more errors in today's game, bringing to 8 (I think) the number committed this season.  As I was attempting that subject before, I found a few stats that went against my initial hypothesis.  That's the thing about baseball-- Just when you think your on to something, something different seems to come along.

It's late tonight. This is just a start. A bad one. But its a long season. Stick with me will ya?


No comments:

Post a Comment