Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Finally

Its finally happening. I will get to watch my first regular season Padres game of the season Friday, barring unforeseen circumstances.  Been blessed with getting the car repair for cheaper than anticipated, cheaper car rental that I would have figured, a job promotion, and an opening in the schedule.  So I will be planning on leaving Yuma at 1 on Friday, and arriving to San Diego around 4.  I will be meeting with Colleen and Kaity of Green Grass Love Affair and Unfinished Business.  GhostofRAK and Ashley of Diosvagina are threatening to creep on me and throw me in a windowless van with a connection to Chase Bank servers while snapping pictures of Lions from the San Diego Zoo.  Whatever. Its a place to sleep I suppose.

Okay in reality, unless an unknown relative or trustworthy stranger with candy or an ESPN writer with a covert background and an Indian accountant offer me a place to crash, I'll be driving home after the game. A quick trip, sure, but one I've made a number of times, and hope to do more of this year.  So if you're at the game, tweet me @bigtaterz1021 and try to find me.  Looking forward to it.  Go Padres!

In baseball news, the Padres are on a 2 game winning streak again, so naturally, an off day tomorrow.They face the Miami Marlins. Forgive me if I call them Florida. Also forgive me if I no longer post because I have gone blind from their uniforms.  The Marlins come into town with a host of characters that make Heath Bell seem like a normal low key guy.  Speaking of Heater, his decline, which I counted on happening in part, seems to have hastened in a big way. He blew another save tonight against the Giants, giving him somewhere in the neighborhood of 482 blown saves this year. Or 5. Or I just double checked the box score and he couldn't record an out and was lifted for another reliever who officially blew the save. But the 2 runs were on Heater. Pitching decisions are goofy.  So naturally, he will probably find his groove in San Diego. I hope not.  At least not on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment