Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Post game hangover

I'm calling this post the post game hangover, not because of alcohol (I didn't drink , with all the driving I had) but because my brain cells are still sleepy. I finally woke up at 10:30 am after getting home around 4:30. I hope my thoughts come out somewhat making sense. I won't promise interesting.  Last nights game was a blast, despite the loss.  I enjoyed the comebacks with Bass' "Triple" (from my seat it looked to be a basehit and error) and the rally off Bell in the 9th. I enjoyed having bonus baseball.  The fact that I was at the game, enjoying being in San Diego, at the stadium with new friends, while meeting so many people that I've talked with a plenty, but never have met was a huge thrill.  So being there probably negated at least partially the frustration of stranding 16 runners, of Street getting hurt, and ultimately, the loss. Even in losing , the Padres put the tying runner on, and Guzman's final out was a line drive that was just a few feet too low.

My brain is still tired.  I can't articulate what I want to say about just enjoying being at the game with friends and the experiences I had last night , which made it among my most enjoyable, memorable experiences I've had a game.  I'm going to post more later, with Pictures and maybe some better story telling- But for now I just want to make sure you all know I'm alive and home safe and not tied up in a windowless van, or lying in a roadside ditch.

2 comments:

  1. You escaped jbox....

    ....THIS TIME.

    --scout1222

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time!!! I had some help from the seat nazi's! lol Thanks for checking in Scout! next time, hope to run into you guys too!

    ReplyDelete