Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SOTTJ Continues, and other thoughts

As most of my readers probably know, I was part of the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Jersey." In my post regarding my first Padres trip of the season, I included pictures with the then current Jersey Holder, GLBer "padscharg". Today, "padscharg" wrote his SOTTJ Post, in which I was compared, in good nature, to the Lord of the Rings characters Bilbo and Gollum. Given how much I love those novels and movies, I thought it was a great comparison.  Well Played, man, well played.

I don't want to take away from anyone's moment with the Jersey though, believe it or not, I really do wish to promote the project as a whole. It is an amazing idea and concept and has taken off to levels I never imagined.  So go read his post if you haven't done so already, be sure to Rec him, and leave comments.  And if you're not signed up and want to be, let jbox know you're interested. You never now.

**********

In today's game, the Padres fell short again, despite remaining tied up until the 5th inning or so. The same old story really- Plenty of unrealized chances.  No wonder this is my team- They waste opportunities like I have in life.  (Don't read too much into that- It's more of a past tense thing for me).  Postives? Venable nearly had a Cycle again. Not sure if AvengingJM could have handled it if Venable had been successful.  Cabrera got hits 1 and 2 of the season. I'm not sold on him being the answer, but, hey it'd be nice

**********

In Minor League action, I'm hearing that Forsythe is raking, and the T-Pads, consisting largely of last years AA Missions (with Cody Decker being the most recent promoted player) seem to be doing well.  This gives me hope for the future. The guys playing now have been winning on every level.  I'm believing in the future!

**********

I'm in the midst of making plans for the weekend of June 2-3. If I had a couch to crash on, or even good close friends or family, it'd be all 3 days, but looks like I'm hoteling it and to avoid total team broke, its just 1 night and two games.  Have a couple people I'm joining for sunday's games, and making plans for Saturday's too, and would love to hang out with anyone up for it Saturday night.  Especially if you have a cheap place to crash, or a windowless van lol! Also, if you have decent tickets you're looking to unload for either game (2 for Sat, 3 for Sun) let me know. I may be interested! A shot in the dark, I know, but I've got to try right?


No comments:

Post a Comment