Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Junior Seau

I didn't post anything about Junior Seau and the heartbreaking tragic news from this morning.  Frankly, I was stunned when I saw the reports.  I am not a Chargers fan.  As a kid, I rooted for the Raiders, on account of my dad, and somewhere when I was in 6th or 7th grade I hopped on the Packers bandwagon.  I've always hated the Chargers.  That said, Junior Seau was one of the athletes I greatly respected and admired.  He was as classy off the field as he was ferocious on it.  I've never had a chance to meet him, but I wish I had. I heard nothing but great things about him.  It is said his death is being investigated as a suicide.  If true, it makes the story all the more sad.  Its amazing how much turmoil, grief, and demons can be hiding in someone who appears so well adjusted.  My prayers go out to his family and friends. To anyone wrestling with those thoughts themselves, I pray for you as well. My ears are always open.  Be well friends.  Mr. Seau, you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment